Thinking about the consulting success I’ve achieved over the years I realize that part of it is due to my attitude and outlook on life.
I’ve always been an optimistic person. When I encounter a challenge rarely do I back down from it.
One thing that has helped me to stay focused and motivated is my health.
No longer am I a star athlete (I was in my early years), but I do maintain a very healthy lifestyle.
I eat good food and get lots of exercise.
5 to 6 times a week I hit the gym. While my workouts can be short – 20-40 minutes they do wonders for my body, mind and business.
Exercising has many benefits:
- I come up with some of my best ideas at the gym.
- Working out provides a boost of energy.
- When I work out I want to eat more healthy.
- Relieves the tightness in my neck and back from working at my desk.
- I keep in shape, feel good about my self and my body.
My typical routine might look like this:
- A few stretches.
- Running on the treadmill.
- Longer stretches.
- Sit ups in 3 positions.
- Shoulder pushes with weights.
- Push ups.
- Bench press.
- Bicep curls.
- A few more core exercises.
- Hit the hot tub.
- 20 laps in the pool.
- Shower and done.
When I finish a workout like this I feel great. My mind is clear. My confidence is high.
If you’re not someone that naturally likes to go to the gym you can make it easier on yourself by listening to music as you workout, listen to a business interview, or go for a walk.
No matter how busy you are, you really should make time to exercise. Your body, your mind and your business will thank you for it.
If you go to the gym, what’s your favorite exercise? If you don’t, what’s holding you back?