As you build your consulting practice you’ll constantly be looking for ways to stand out from the crowd.
A powerful approach that can help you is to become a resource to your clients. To become a resource you’ll need to expand your circle of influence, education and investment in the market you want to be known in.
Now imagine how your clients will feel and think about you when they know that you are the go-to person? That’s right, you’ll be their resource and trusted advisor.
The benefits of becoming a resource are:
- You are the first one clients go to for help and advice
- Your clients refer you to others more often
- You get asked to speak at events
- People want you to write for their publications
- Your name becomes associated with your specialization
The benefits of this are clear. Your business will grow and you’ll make more money. So how can you achieve this?
You can become a resource in several ways:
- Read the latest industry news and publications
- Share the most relevant information with your clients
- Attend networking events in your industry
- Write articles for print and online publications
- Keep a blog that you write for consistently
- Connect and get to know other professionals in the industry
The last point is more powerful than most people think. To truly become a resource for your consulting clients, you’ll want to reach out, connect and get to know other professionals that serve your clients marketplace. Continue Reading