A couple of weeks ago I received a review copy of Jonathan Bernstein’s new book, “The Managers Guide to Crisis Management.” Thanks to McGraw Hill for sending that.
Crisis management is a topic that many misunderstand or don’t understand at all. We typically assume this field offers little benefit to us, unless we are a mega corporation.
Here’s how Jonathan defines Crisis Management in his book…
It’s the art of avoiding trouble when you can, and reacting appropriately when you can’t.
I enjoyed the book and reached out to Jonathan for an interview. You can listen to the interview here:
(Playing time: 44 min)
In this interview Jonathan shares:
- How consultants and small businesses can benefit from it.
- Why he left a lucrative job at a large PR consulting firm to become a Crisis Management consultant.
- How he lands his clients and what has been most effective in his marketing.
- His approach to priving his services.
- And when you encounter a crisis, (and you will at one time or another), what NOT to do.
- All that and more…