Who are your best consulting clients?
It probably won’t take you very long to figure out who they are. Although I should clarify. When I say “best” I don’t mean the ‘friendliest’ or ‘nicest’ or even your ‘favorite’ clients.
By “best” I mean your most loyal and valuable.
The ones that have been with you the longest and spend the most money with you.
Now that I’ve done a better job of explaining you still know who your best clients are, right?
Okay…great. Next, how are you treating them? The same as all your other clients?
Maybe you believe all clients should be treated equally?
Well, if your best clients are getting lumped in with all your other clients it’s time to make some changes.
Your best clients should be treated differently. Why? Because it only makes sense that you spend more time, energy and money to keep the people that are paying you as happy as can be.
So what does treating them better look like?
Well, it can include things like:
- Responding to their emails and calls more quickly
- Making more room in your schedule to see them at their convenience
- Going the extra mile for them, not just once or twice, but every time
- Offering to help them in any way you can anytime the opportunity arises
- Sending them gifts and notes of appreciation, not only on the major holidays but also at unexpected times.
- Refer them additional business.
- Constantly look for new opportunities to help them grow their business.
Keeping your best clients happy will help them to stay your best clients.
That’s not only good sense, it’s good business.
Have ideas you can share of how to show appreciation for your best clients? We’d love to hear about them in the comments below…