I was recently reading an article by Jeffrey Gitomer, the master of sales, where he talks about how to get testimonials.
He makes some great points and I’d like to summarize and share them with you today.
- Exceed expectations. If you said you’re going to do something do it. Get it done faster than you said you would and do it better than even the client would have imagined.
- Have them wanting to do business with you. You should be friendly and professional throughout. Your client should want to get to know you and do business with you.
- Go the extra mile. This isn’t about just exceeding expectations. This is about doing things that your client wouldn’t even expect. Really wowing them with your service, care and the experience you provide them with.
- Help and educate them. Always be thinking about your client. Look for additional ways to help them. Send them articles or books that they’d find interesting. Make sure they see your newsletter or case studies.
- Make them money. There’s no better way to have your clients talking about you than this. If you can make your clients money they will write you testimonials non-stop and refer you to all their friends (not their competitors however).
The more you do of these five the greater your chances of getting testimonials from your client will be. Actually getting the testimonial is just a matter of asking your client for one. But do these five and you can be confident they’ll be more than happy to provide you with one.