Writing and publishing a book isn't as hard as many people make it out to be.Again, you need to have something to say. Ideally, you have new information that others haven't written on before, or you have a new take on that information.
Now, here's a quick summary on how to get the writing part of the book going:
- Decide your topic
- Create an outline of each chapter Make bullet points of what you'll cover in each chapter
- Collect any reference materials you want to include in each section
- Set a writing schedule - when you'll write each day, week, month
- Then follow your schedule and write
After writing 5 books and guides I've found the following to work best:
- Decide on how long you're going to write each time you sit down at your computer Just write. If you write 3 chapters or half of one in each sitting it doesn't matter. Just write.
- Don't worry about spelling, grammar, etc. You'll fix all of that after your draft is done.
- Write your conclusion and introduction last.
- Design does matter. Make sure your book has a professional layout and cover/back design.