Does your consulting website suck? I don’t know why in this day and age so many people have websites that suck.
- The person’s name or company logo is nowhere to be seen.
- It’s almost impossible to find contact information.
- The navigation is impossible to use.
- The site loads with Flash – wasting the user’s time.
- The text is too small to read.
- There is no value proposition stated.
- There is no picture of the person (if it’s a personal site).
- There is no value or content or substance to the site.
- It looks ugly!
Most of these are easy to address. The last one is plain pathetic. You don’t need to have an award winning design. But your website should look professional, be easy to read and use.
“I’m not a designer”, “It costs too much for a professional design!” – It’s not 1990 anymore folks! With services like 99designs.com you can have a professionally designed website for under $400 (if not much less) and have one up and running for not much more.
You don’t need to have an award winning design. But your website should look professional, be easy to read and use.
Especially if you use WordPress or another content management system (CMS) you can select from many professional themes (or skins) and booyah! your site is done.
There’s no excuse. A professional image does count.
To help you with some ideas here are a few good examples of consultant websites…
If you’re a professional, look the part. It can’t hurt ; )