If you want your business to grow you need to take time to think.
Give yourself an hour or more every single week to review and update your plans and goals.
Too often, consultants and business owners get caught up in the daily grind.
They take action…but the big question is…is it the right kind of action?
Here’s how it works:
- Set aside an hour each week.
- Make it at the same time each and every week.
- During that time, shut off your phone and don’t check your email.
- Go to a quiet space where you won’t be distracted.
- Bring your lists of everything you accomplished this week and what your next plans are.
- Now, go over everything on your list and think about what’s going on in your business.
- Look at the successes you’ve had and the challenges too.
- You want to make sure that you’re still staying on course.
- Your goal is to ensure you’re focusing your efforts where they are most needed and where you’ll get the biggest ROI.
- When you do this take the big picture into account. Don’t spend this time ‘getting stuck’ and worry about every small detail of what’s going on.
- Next, update your lists. Reorganize and clean them.
- Your new priorities will have boiled up to the top.
- The weight of feeling overwhelmed will be gone.
Not only is this exercise healthy for your brain and business….it’s during this time that new ideas will come to you.
What’s more, as you continue to do this you will find that you’ll become more confident in your plans, strategies and business overall.
Action: Give yourself an hour or more every single week to review and update your plans and goals.