Word of mouth marketing is usually the most inexpensive and effective form of marketing a consultant can have in their arsenal.
Let’s save getting into the details of advanced techniques and strategies (we’ll cover that in an upcoming post). What’s critical for you to keep in mind if you want to start spreading the word of mouth virus for your business is this….
Exceed Your Clients Expectations In Every Way Possible
This is a tall order. A big statement to say the least.
Yet it is possible.
You can do it…many have. Many have also failed miserably. Many more never even try.
There are several ways you can exceed your clients expectations:
- Be on time every time for a meeting. In fact, arrive 5 minutes early.
- Return phone calls and emails within hours, if not days. Within minutes (if you can and it doesn’t interrupt your other work will blow your clients minds).
- Do what you say you’ll do. If you promise to follow up or provide more information – do it! Period.
- Deliver results. This is one is HUGE. Provide the results you and your client agreed to for the project or exceed them. This is the most powerful point.
- Send your clients gifts and notes of appreciation.
- Email your clients when you find a news report, study, or other bit of information that is relevant to their business – even if they didn’t ask for it. Anything you can do to show your clients that you’re thinking of them says a lot about you.
These are 6 ideas to keep in mind to get your clients talking about you and your business.
Do you have others you’ve found to work well. Share them in the comments below…