Just the other day I got another email from a blog reader that is starting a consulting business asking what consulting associations I would recommend.
This all depends on your location, what you are looking to get out of it (certification, networking, etc), your budget and so on.
So instead of making a recommendation (which I can't because there are just too many variables) here is a list of consulting and related associations you may find helpful.
- Association of Management Consulting Firms
- Canadian Association of Management Consultants
- International Association of Registered Financial Consultants
- Institute of Management Consultants
- International Council of Management Consulting Institutes
- Professional and Technical Consultants Association
- Data & Marketing Association
- Canadian Marketing Association
- The National Association of Sales Professionals
- Direct Selling Association
- National Retail Federation
- SMEI The worldwide professional association for sales & marketing Digital Analytics Association
- IWA – International Web Association
- Association for Wedding Professionals International
- International Advertising Association
- The Society of Professional Consultants
- Association of Professional Canadian Consultants (APCC)
- Association of Consulting Engineering Companies (ACEC)
- Association of Accredited Small Business Consultants (AASBC)
- Association of Safety & Health Consultants and Trainers, Inc. (ASHCAT)
- Association for Consulting Expertise
- Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA)
- American Association of Political Consultants (AAPC)
- American Society of Trial Consultants (ASTC)
- American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants (AALNC)
- Association of Internal Management Consultants (AIMC)
There are many, many more associations out there. So if you think I missed one that you’d like to see on this list, let us know in the comments below.