Jim Crocker CEO of Boardroom Metrics, a management consulting firm, talks about what you should do in order to find the right consultant.
Here are the 6 main points from the video:
- Talk to people. Get references and recommendations from people you can trust.
- Set up interviews with all the prospective consultants.
- Have a crystal clear idea of what you want assistance with.
- Or, provide the consultant with information so they can then tell you what they can help you with.
- Most consulting jobs breakdown because of the lack of performance between what the company expects and what the consultant delivers.
- Be sure to get everything in writing. A simple plan with fee details goes a long way to keep everything in order.